& Customer advisory Page 14
Here are some
points and questions which can help the employee to test himself in this regard:
- Am I determined enough to argue objectively, i.e. can I control my emotions
- Can I express myself enough linguistically ?
- Can I adapt myself to the linguistic capabilities of my customer ?
- Am I a polity, open and reliable person ?
- Do I often pretend to be something or somebody else ? One should not forget
that in the first place he/she is a service technician.
- Way of thinking
- Can I think logically and develop solutions ?
- Can I co-ordinate different steps of work in the necessary and rational
- Do I move upright or do I stoop around ?
- Do I behave easy and relaxed ?
- Do I often keep my hands in my pockets when I speak with customers ?
- Do I have an open look or do I always look a little bit sinister ?
- Do I keep eye contact with my conversation partner without staring at him
- Do I have ever tried to smile politely with my eyes ?
- Do I have lively or sleepy looking eyes ?
- Facial expression
- Can I sufficiently control my facial expression or do I e.g. immediately
show an annoyed customer that he/she gets on my nerves ?
- Do I have a relaxed or always grumpy facial expression ?
- Does my face immediately show each tension or anger ?
- Gestures, expression
and body language
- Do I try to emphasise my explanations or certain things I say by using gestures
- Are my movements relaxed or always a little bit excited and hectic ?
- Time feeling
- Do I control the contents of the conversation and the course of the conversation
in accordance with the available time ?
- Do I give the customers sufficient time to say everything they want to say